DRC approves new microbrewery | Business
St. Petersburg, FL – During the monthly meeting of the Development Review Commission on Wed., Feb. 1, seven cases were presented for quasi-judicial review. Six were approved unanimously by the DRC, with only one, a request for a sign variance, passing, but without a unanimous vote. Staff had recommended against approving the variance, but the DRC overrode the staff recommendation.
The other presentations had all been recommended for approval by City staff and were unanimously approved by the Development Review Commissioners.
One of the presentations was for the first microbrewery outside of an industrial district as voted on and approved by City Council on Dec. 8, 2011. The Green Bench Brewery will have a brewery and a 2,100 square foot tasting and catered food. The brewery will have beer in bottles and kegs for sale to retail establishments also.
Steve Duffy of Green Bench Brewing said projected hours of operation would be 8 a.m. to 8p.m. on Mondays through Wednesday with closing no later than 10p.m. on weekends.
"This is downtown microbrewery and it hopes to capture walking traffic that goes to down town events so parking is unlikely to spill into neighborhoods", according to the staff reports.
The seven presentations made were:
1. REQUEST: Approval of a partial vacation of a sidewalk easement along 5th Avenue North between Jackson Street North and 14th Street
North at 1200 7th Avenue North
ZONING: IC, CCT-1, NT-2APPLICANT: St. Anthony's Hospital, Inc.St. Anthony's Professional Building and Services, Inc.1200 7th Avenue NorthSaint Petersburg, Florida 33705AGENT: James Dickson, Esquire150 2nd Avenue North, Suite 1700Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701
2. REQUEST: Approval of a vacation of a 16-foot wide L-shaped alley in the block bound by 34th Street North, 5th Avenue North, 35th Street
North and Dartmouth Avenue North at 3400 5th Avenue North
APPLICANT: Circle K Stores, Inc., 12911 N. Telecom Parkway, Tampa, Florida 33637AGENT: Engineered Permits, Inc.Michael Wojtuniak, P.E.311 S. Woodland Boulevard, Suite ADeland, Florida 32720
3. REQUEST: Approval of a Special Exception and related site plan to add a drive-thru use to an existing restaurant at 1605 18th Avenue South
APPLICANT: MG FL INV LLC2708 Brock RoadPlant City, Florida 33565 ARCHITECT: J.D. Alsabbagh, P.E.Sycamore Engineering, Inc.8370 W. Hillsborough Avenue, Suite 205Tampa, Florida 33615
4. REQUEST: Approval of a Special Exception and related site plan to convert an existing building into a microbrewery at 1134 1st Avenue North
ZONING: DC-1APPLICANT: Adele, Greco Revocable Trust9200 Ridge RoadSeminole, Florida 33772-2736 AGENT: Steven Duffy747 12th Avenue NorthSaint Petersburg, Florida 33701 ARCHITECT/ENGINEER: Carla Harvey45 Davis Boulevard, #17Tampa, Florida 33606
5. REQUEST: Approval of a site plan modification to construct a 7,425 square foot addition to an existing house of worship. The applicant is requesting a variance to maximum building height at 1770 62nd Avenue North
APPLICANT: Vietnamese Theravada Sangha Congregation1770 62nd Avenue NorthSaint Petersburg, Florida 33702-7250 AGENT: Dinh Nguyen1770 62nd Avenue NorthSaint Petersburg, Florida 33702 ENGINEER: David C. Littell10681 Gulf Boulevard, #206St. Pete Beach, Florida 33706
6. REQUEST: Approval of a variance to incorporate an electronic message
center into a non-conforming sign structure at 7292 4th Street North ZONING: CCS-1
APPLICANT: St. Andrew Drug Co. Inc. (Weight Loss Clinic)107 Windward IslandClearwater, Florida 33767-2324 AGENT: Shannon Swartz11004 Maxton WayPinellas Park, Florida 33782
7. REQUEST: Approval of variances to the maximum surface area and to the left (east) side setback to extend an existing dock structure at 1000 Friendly Way South
APPLICANT: Henry L. Burkley1000 Friendly Way SouthSaint Petersburg, Florida 33705-6117 AGENT: Terri SkapikWoods Consulting1714 County Road 1, Suite 22Dunedin, Florida 34698