Several Pinellas deputies suspended | News
CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Several Pinellas Sheriff's deputies and employees are facing suspensions following a series of Internal Affairs investigations.
- Deputy Jason Bahret will be suspended for 40 hours for giving a confidential informant money without another detective witnessing the transaction;
- Deputy Brian Berry gets a written reprimand for tracking family members with Sheriff's Office equipment;
- Deputy Michael Papamichael faces a five day suspension for giving a confidential informant money without another detective witnesses it, then later signing the payment receipt himself as the witness;
- Counselor Felicia Davis will be suspended for 40 hours for getting into a confrontation with the Perry Police Department and being arrested for disorderly conduct;
- Deputy Christopher Meleen is being suspended for one hundred and four hours for running a tag through police computers , making contact with a woman who had a suspended driver's license, and sending inappropriate text messages;
- Deputy Joshua Davidson gets an 8-hour suspension for accidentally discharging his firearm at home;
- Deputy Robert Johnson receives a 16-hour suspension for establishing a relationship with someone in a case she was investigating and then spending time while on duty with the person.