Aging Well Center December Offerings Provide Diversions | News
CLEARWATER, Fla. - Clearwater's Aging Well Center, 1501 N. Belcher Rd., has a wide variety of activities to help keep older adults young at heart during the month of December. They include:
• TECHNOLOGY TUESDAYS - 4 to 6 p.m.; Dec. 4: Holiday Shopping Online; Dec. 11: Sending E-Greeting Cards; Dec. 18: Online Games. Fees apply; please call for pricing or to register. Space is limited.
• THRIVING THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS - Dec. 5, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Strategies for enjoying the holidays. Presented by Suncoast Hospice. Session is free.
• TRIVIA CHALLENGE - Dec. 5, 2 to 3:30 p.m. Exercise your brain! Door prizes. Session is free.
• AFTERNOON OF ART - Dec. 5, 2 to 5 p.m. Dyeing and painting on silk fabric. Materials included. Space is limited. Please call for pricing; fees apply.
• ART SAMPLER SERIES - Dec. 7, 1 to 3:30 p.m. Watercolor workshop; Beginners welcome. Materials included. Space limited. Please call for pricing; fees apply.
• GENEALOGY: TRACING LIVING ANCESTORS - Sat., Dec. 8, 10 to 11 a.m. Class focuses on tips and techniques for finding living relatives. Offered through the Pinellas Genealogy Society. Call to register. Drawing for door prize: Who Do You Think You Are? book. Session is free.
• HOLIDAY SCRABBLE - Dec. 10, 1 to 4 p.m. Get points for playing holiday-related words; prizes. Session is free.
• LIVING WELL SUPPORT GROUP - Dec. 11, 1:30 to 3 p.m. Discussion group explores ideas for living well. Session is free.
• LEGAL MATTERS - Dec. 12, 1 to 2 p.m. Curtis Raven, Esq. offers answers to questions on reporting and rolling over retirement benefits, taxation of Social Security benefits, and other end-of-the-year tax issues. Pre-registration suggested. Call to register. Session is free.
• PHARMACIST MEDICATION REVIEW - Dec. 14, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. A pharmacist will evaluate your medication list during a private appointment to determine potential problems. Call to register. Session is free.
• CAROLING KARAOKE - Dec. 19, 2 to 3:30 p.m. Enjoy an afternoon of refreshments and a holiday sing-a-long, led by Linda Werner. Door prizes! Session is free.
To sign up for an event or for more information, call (727) 724-3070.