RED ALERT: Roaches force emergency closure of St. Pete's Ceviche | News
UPDATE: 10 News has learned Ceviche just passed another inspection report, and plans to re-open by 4 p.m. Tuesday.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida -- One of St. Pete's most famous downtown restaurants is closed after a state health inspector found serious health code violations.
Ceviche Tapas Bar and Restaurant on Beach Drive was closed Monday after a state inspector documented temperature violations on the pork, salmon, shrimp, and calamari, an employee not properly washing their hands, and more than 25 live roaches along the cook's line.
As of Monday night, the restaurant remained under a temporary emergency closure. Ceviche has failed every single one of their inspections so far this year, requiring four follow up visits since January.
According to state records, previous inspections uncovered food stored in bulk containers outside, a dish machine not sanitizing properly, and a mold-like substance growing on the soda dispensing nozzles.
Related: 10 Nastiest restaurants in 2012
Outrageous Restaurant Red Alert reports:
Band Aid Soup: Customer served soup - with a band aid in it!
Ceiling Roaches: McDonalds cited when roach falls from ceiling onto diner's food
Finger in salad: Pizza customer claims there was a fingertip in his salad
Baked Roaches: Roaches found baked into Pizza Supreme
More Restaurant Red Alert Reports:
Classic Homestyle Buffet, Tampa 1/11/12
Frank's Family Restaurant, Hernando 1/18/12
Big Easy Cajun, Brandon TownCenter 1/25/12
CiCi's Pizza, Kenneth City 2/1/12
China Express, Brandon 2/8/12
Daiquiri Deck, Maderia Beach 2/15/12
Athenian Garden, Tyrone Area, St. Pete 2/22/12
China Jade, Carrollwood, 3/7/12
Hamburger Mary's Bar & Grille (Ybor City) 3/21/12
Sandy's Restaurant, Indian Rocks Beach 3/28/12